Überblick über den Studiengang
To be eligible for admission to the Mindfulness & Leadership (M.Sc.) Master's program at Hochschule Fresenius, you must meet the following requirements:
- Completion of a Bachelor's degree program with a minimum of 180 credit points.
- Acquisition of at least 30 credit points in the fields of scientific methods and statistics.
- Proficiency in the English language at Level C1 of the European Framework of Reference for Languages.
Additionally, you’ll need to present your motivations for applying to the Master’s program in a five-minute presentation and showcase your critical thinking and English language skills in a ten-minute discussion.
If you have not yet completed your Bachelor's degree, you can still enroll in the Master's program at Hochschule Fresenius, as long as you have attained at least 80 percent of the required credit points. Additionally, Bachelor's students at Hochschule Fresenius will only pay the Master's tuition fees when beginning the Master's program.
For further information, please contact the Study Advice Service.
The program covers various thematic areas that include:
- Fundamentals of Mindfulness: You’ll learn about the history and philosophy of mindfulness, and gain an overview of various mindfulness tools. You’ll also delve into the fields of compassion and empathy, and learn different research methods.
- Mindfulness — Effects and Mechanisms: You’ll learn about the neuroscientific mechanisms and correlations of mindfulness, including its effects on well-being, cognition, and consciousness. You’ll also gain expertise to critically reflect on the overall concept of mindfulness and its potential to change society.
- Leadership and Management: You’ll explore the fundamentals of leading a team or organization, evaluate different management methods and instruments.
- Research Methods: You’ll acquire essential knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methods, focusing on designing, implementing, and evaluating evidence-based mindfulness interventions.
- Mindfulness and Leadership in Application: This module will allow you to apply your knowledge to specific situations, participate in a mindfulness retreat, engage in mindfulness tools such as yoga and meditation, and acquire skills in systemic coaching.
Additionally, you’ll have the opportunity to select an elective module on one of the following topics: social entrepreneurship, retreat, or academic writing.
The Master’s in Mindfulness & Leadership (M.Sc.) is a one-of-a-kind study program that provides advanced academic training in both mindfulness and leadership. Upon graduation, you’ll have a deep understanding of mindfulness research and a broad knowledge of management and leadership, with a comprehensive set of tools to promote mindfulness, compassion, and empathy in the context of leadership. This will allow you to develop your own personality and become a sought-after coach or future leader.
The program prepares you for various promising career opportunities. You could work in
- coaching and leadership
- organizational consulting
- corporate development
for domestic or international companies of different sizes and industries, or you could start your own business.
Some of the roles and tasks that you’ll be prepared for include: wellbeing officer, head of mental health and wellness, mindfulness coordinator, consultant on mindfulness and leadership, and researcher in mindfulness.
Additionally, you could pursue a doctorate after completing the Master’s program.
Our Master's program is designed to provide you with a solid groundwork in both mindfulness and leadership. To achieve this, your first two semesters will consist of classes such as
- Introduction to Philosophical History of Mindfulness
- Mindfulness Tools and Instruments
- Applied Compassion and Empathy
- Neuroscience of Mindfulness
- Positive Psychology
- Critical Reflection of Mindfulness
- Leading People Fundamentals
- Organizational Leadership
- Cross-cultural Communication and Management
- Advanced Research Methods (incl. Statistics)
- Evidence-based Mindfulness Interventions
Your 3rd semester will focus on Application and Transfer. This subject is dedicated entirely to practical application, where you’ll be able to apply your knowledge to specific situations, design your own mindfulness retreat, and work on a case study.
During the fourth semester, you will engage in an internship to acquire further practical experience and select an elective module. The final components of your degree will be a Master's Thesis and attendance at a colloquium.
zurück zur Hochschule